Welcome to I.E. Medica, Inc. (“Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”)!
We respect your right to privacy and we aim to comply with the requirements of all relevant confidentiality, privacy and data protection laws and policies, particularly R.A. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“DPA 2012”), its Implementing Rules and Regulations (“DPA- IRR”), and issuances from the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”).
This privacy notice tells you about the data we collect, process, and how we seek to protect your personal data and ensure that employees, partners, contractors, and individuals understand the rules on the use of your personal data to which they have access in the course of their work. This privacy notice is supplemented by our comprehensive privacy manual, the company’s Code of Conduct, and other company policies, which may apply to data protection and security.
In this privacy notice, we use the term “personal data” to refer to all types of personal information and sensitive personal information. By concept, “personal information” refers to any information from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably directly ascertained, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual. Examples of personal information that we collect are, but not limited to, Name, Company, Address, Mobile Number, and Email Address. We sometimes require you to provide your sensitive personal information for us to be able to process your data depending on the legitimate purpose that your data will be used for. Examples of sensitive personal information that we collect are, but not limited to, age, ethnic origin, matters related to health, education, and government-issued IDs.
1. Why we collect Personal Data
- We collect, acquire, generate, or process your personal data in many forms. They may consist of written records, digital material, photographic and video images, and biometric records.
- We collect personal data, which you have voluntarily and free-willingly shared with us, for a reasonable business purpose. Examples include, but not limited to, employment, client and supplier accreditations, marketing and promotion, purchasing of our products, and participating in our services and/or company activities.
- We process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations to you, for compliance with Philippine Laws and Regulations, to protect your vitally important interest, or for the pursuit of the legitimate interests of the company, or its authorized third-party.
- We do not collect and process your personal data that is not relevant in fulfilling our duties as a pharmaceutical company, employer, importer, distributor, and partner.
2. How we collect, process and secure your information
- We collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide us whether electronically or through any written format.
- Prior to collection, we will require your consent for any specific use of your personal data, we will collect it electronically or through written format at the appropriate time
- Accessing and processing your personal data is limited to the Company personnel who have legitimate interest in them for the purpose of carrying out their operational duties. Our use of your personal data will not be excessive, and shall be limited to that which is necessary to achieve the purpose of their collection, and/or only when permitted by law.
- To protect your personal data against accidental loss or destruction, unlawful access, misuse, unlawful destruction, and alteration, the company shall implement reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical, and physical security measures.
- The company shall limit access to personal data only to authorized employees and third-party services providers, each of whom is held to the Company policies and practices. We shall also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data against loss, misuse, damage, modification, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
- A Data Breach Response Team shall be responsible for the immediate action implemented by the company in the event of a Security Incident or Data Breach.
3. How we store and retain your information
- Your personal data is stored and transmitted securely in a variety of analog and electronic formats. Likewise, the information you voluntarily have provided us may be stored and processed in our Head Office in Mandaluyong City, Philippines and wherever our authorized third-party service provides have facilities around the globe, of which are in accordance with local laws.
- We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill our operational obligations to support justifiable business requirements or when our lawful purposes for using the information are still relevant.
- Where a retention period is provided by law and/or a Company policy, all affected records will be securely disposed of after such period.
- Our Company website is https://www.iemedica.com.ph/
- When you visit our website, we automatically record technical information about your visit. In most instances, this information is not sufficient to determine your identity. Technical information we are referring to include, but not limited to:
- browser type and version
- browser plug-in types and versions
- date and time of connection
- length of visits to certain pages
- IP address
- operating system
- pages viewed/searched for
- page interaction information (e.g., scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- page response time
- time zone setting
- download errors
- platforms and referrers
- The technical information we gather is used to help keep our website safe and secure. The information will also help us in tracking bugs and usage statistics. Most importantly, the technical information we collect will be used during our investigations relating to a security or data breach.
- Should the need to use the collected information that considerably manifest as personal data for purposes not mentioned with those listed here arises, rest assured that we will inform you and obtain your consent prior to such use.
- Depending on your interaction with our Company’s Customer Service Representative (CSR), we may get your personal data to provide you with our services and fulfill our operational obligations as a Pharmaceutical Company.
- Since our communication is through a third-party Platform, our company cannot guarantee that your personal data will be secure or error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, or could arrive late or incomplete.
- Our collective usage of these Platforms does not constitute a partnership, merger, or employment with the companies who own these platforms respectively. Hence, we are not bound by any obligation to safeguard your personal data that was disclosed to us through these Platforms other than as a common user of their free services in the internet.
6. Questions about Data Privacy
- We recognize and respect your rights as data subjects. If you have questions or concerns regarding Data Privacy, our Privacy Manual, this Privacy Notice, or about your personal data that you have consented to provided us, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. General Provisions
- If you believe you have any other health problem, or if you have any question regarding your health or medical condition, you should promptly consult your physician or other healthcare provider. Never disregard medical or professional advice, or delay seeking it, because of something you read on this site or a linked web site. Never rely on information on this web site in place of seeking professional medical advice. You should also ask your physician or other healthcare provider to assist you in interpreting any information in this site or in the linked web sites, or in applying information to your individual case. Medical information changes constantly; therefore, the information provided on the site should not be considered current, complete or exhaustive, nor should you rely on such information to recommend a course of treatment for you or any other individual. Reliance on any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk.
- Our Website, Social Media Platforms, and others services associated with these usages do not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- We may, from time to time, make changes to this Privacy Notice. On such occasions, we will let you know through our website (https://iemedica.com.ph) and, when permissible, other means of communication. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting on the website.